Saturday, June 6, 2009

The First!

Well I think the first is always the hardest, but I am attempting to start blogging. I have delayed it long enough. I have to admit I was still a little unsure, and still am, on this whole blogging thing, but thanks to Meg, I have decided that now is as good a time to start as any.
After doing some research and reading some peoples blogs I feel a little more comfortable doing something of this nature, to keep everyone updated.
I always thought our life was never interesting enough to blog about, and who would want to read it. Now I have realized though that I think this isn't necessarily strictly for the entertainment for others, but a brief relaxation/therapy session sometimes.
So from the beginning I apologize for some short, some boring, some complicated blogs. Hopefully it will be a learning process and will see the improvement and comfortably as time progresses.
Naturally I feel obligated to play catch up before just blogging on day to day things.
Craig and I have been married for nearly 3 years. Right after getting married we moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma due to my job at the time as a claim processor for State Farm Insurance. Now I am an auto underwriter, but still with State Farm. We rented a decent, old 3 bedroom 2 bath house on the western side of Tulsa. Craig was jobless for about a week, but finally started with Wells Fargo. He quickly left Wells Fargo and started working for JP Morgan Chase as a personal banker in April of 2007. After living in Tulsa for only a month we decided that our baby,dog, Royce needed a playmate so we were quick to buy a Boston Terrier that we named Cooper. This purchase was probably the most difficult of anything. Poor Cooper has so many health problems when we got him from a breeder, which baffles me, so within the first month I would estimate we spent over $1000 on vet bills and at least every full Saturday at the vet. It was tough but I think it just made me closer to my little baby. Craig and I look back now and just laugh, because when we brought Cooper home we were so afraid Royce being an Olde English Bulldog and weighing 75lbs, would crush this tiny dog that weighed maybe 3lbs at the time. Man were we wrong. As soon as Cooper was big enough to handle his own feet, and actually before then, he was showing Royce who was boss. Taking anything and everything Royce was playing with, etc. We feel bad for Royce, and still cant figure out how he became such a big softy, but that's ok, he is the lover not the fighter and we all know, including him that if he really wanted something he would get it from Cooper.
Well in Jan. of 2008 we officially became home buyers. Going through the home buying process was difficult, not on our end but dealing with the sellers. Our realtor, who has been in the business for over 15 years, even said she had never met more difficult people, but hey none the less we got the house we wanted for the price we wanted. Everything from there kind of gets a little boring(like it wasn't before) but we really have just been doing the typical home buyer projects of yard work, painting rooms, etc. Whats great about living the "boring" life it gives us plenty of time to hang out with each other and at work. I think being in the new house has given Craig more motivation to excel at being a personal banker. Within the first full year of being a banker for Chase, he became nationally ranked. he was in the top 750 bankers in the country for the company, so that was amazing. Unfortunately due to the economy the national ranked bankers conference was cancelled, it was set for Vegas, and although the company had money for the conference they felt it was bad publicity(which was a good decision). This year he is determined to beat his ranking from last year, and makes sure they have a great conference location this year.
Now I think everything is up to speed, so whats going on currently.
Well after a lot of medical speed bumps to say the least, and lots of bed rest, we are officially pregnant. Currently I am 5 weeks and 4 days along. Based on blood tests, the Dr thinks we have twins. Which seems very scary, but before the journey began the Dr prepared us that our chances of twins were very high. As of now I am still realistically optimistic. Due to all of our conditions the chances of miscarriages are extremely high, which makes it hard sometimes to really enjoy the pregnancy. Luckily I am not feeling too many symptoms, except being very tired all the time and a constant queasy feeling, but hey I will take it. This pregnancy I already feel is very special. We actually found out we were pregnant on my birthday and will have our first ultra sound on our 3 yr anniversary. So its time to just enjoy the ride!
-Sorry for the book, but the first is probably the longest-

No comments:

Post a Comment