Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nursery



Ok so I think I have the nursery to a point I am semi satisfied with. I know most would think I would be in love with it, and its nice, but it's not exactly what I was wanting, but the hubby wanted to have a part so it was a combination of our visions I guess you could say.


Here is the changing table/dresser with my glider, that hubs actually picked the color. And he did the dot pattern.




This wall is a little plain, but I like it. The corner shelves hold our monitor and thermometer.
The art in the corners I did myself, here are close ups...



I really wanted something that had their names on it but didn't want the typical block letters handing over the crib or changing tables.


I didn't feel like moving my hospital bag and supplies out of the way of the picture, so sorry.


Here is another small wall that we put more dots on.


I think they have plenty of clothes to start off with, what worries me is that all the clothes we have are newborn, 0-3 months, and a few 3-6 months, and yes the dresser in the closet is also stuffed with clothes.

So the one thing I actually surprised myself with, was that I decorated more from a practicality stand point. I didn't buy cute little crib bedding, mainly because I couldn't find anything that was in bright colors, that wasn't themey, and would work for a boy and a girl, and worked with the bright green walls. So Since I needed a bumper I bought the breathable bumpers, but I think even if I would have found bedding I liked I would have got the breathable bumpers anyway. Then I didn't put too much on the walls, mainly because I didn't want anything hanging over the cribs that could fall on the kids, or above the changing table for the same reason, and there aren't really any other walls besides where I put the picture up makes sense to put up art. The word art I created will most likely get moved once they start standing in their cribs, but its also far enough away that they will have to really reach. The shelves are high enough that they wont be able to reach atleast not anytime soon, plus there was not way of getting around having something that would hold the baby monitor and to balance the room you need one on each side so I liked being able to use the other shelf for the thermometer.  Well sorry for the explination, just felt like it was warranted since the nursery didn't turn out exactly how I invisioned it, but its simple and bright and thats the main thing I wanted to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment