Wednesday, January 13, 2010

6 days!!!!!

Well less than a week now. The question everyone ask is "are you excited? are you nervous" and the honest answer is no and no. I mean yes I am excited to a point, but I always thought I would be a lot more excited. I think it will hit once we are at the hospital. Well atleast I hope so. I think what is overshadowing the excitment is my nerves on the spinal block and staying overnight in the hospital. Yes, doing IVF and having to do all the needles you would think I would be ok with needles, but it actually had the reverse effect on me. I had no problem with needles before IVF, but doing three to four shots a day for over a month and then having Craig give me a shot for 13 weeks, was not helpful. So my fear is just feeling the needle. I am not concerned with the risks, like everyone worries about, I just worry about the pain of the shot. I have talked to some of my friends who had spinal blocks and they say you only feel the intial prick of the skin but thats it. So thats my first fear. Once the spinal block is done I will be so happy, and for the most part the whole day will be great. My next worry is the night time. I cant believe I am saying this but I am actually happy that I wont get much sleep, just because I have never spent more than a few hours in a hospital let alone spending several nights, so I am a little scared, but I am sure after the first night I will so tired, that I wont even think twice about sleeping in a hospital.
Well other than the worries, everything is going so well. I really have to say I have been very lucky. Especially with twins I really haven't had any problems, I think I do owe part of that to my Dr., who put me on unrestricted bedrest. I think it has made me go a lot longer. Also I think I owe it to genetics from my mom, who played Tennis the night before she delivered me-impressive.
I will work on getting my nursery pictures taken and uploaded, and give a little more "pregnancy" details.

No comments:

Post a Comment