Monday, December 21, 2009

One month to go

Tomorrow will be exactly 4 weeks to go before my C-section.  I am starting to get excited but a little nervous for the unknown before then.  I treat a C-section like a surgery and with surgery my thinking is, when the date comes that is when you get it done. But when it comes to having a baby its slightly different, you dont have complete control-the babies do.  Thats the frightening part of it all. I just hate having to be on edge trying to really be intune with my body to make sure I am not going into labor.
I know with twins everyone says, you get that "I'm ready to be done feeling" a lot faster-like at 30 weeks, but I never had that and I am thankful.
With a month to go its really made me start to reflect on my experience being pregnant. This pregnancy has really been very easy, really no complaints.  Of course the going to the bathroom more often is slightly annoying, but pregnant or not, if you have to wake up from a good sleep to go to the bathroom, I think everyone would be a little annoyed. I think the the only thing I really cant get used to and drives me crazy is the lack of physical energy.  At the beginning of the pregnancy you are tired, and all you want to do is sleep, but your body will still allow you to do everything you want to do.  Now I am not as tired but things take me longer to do and I have to take more breaks and naps.  Of course me being stubborn like I am, I try to fight through the physical exhaustion, but I have learned thats not smart.  Just a note to everyone... if you ignore your bodies signs of being tired contractions are bound to come-and that sucks. So I have learned to listen to my body and rest. but it really frusterates me when I have what I thought to be a small to do list and yet at the end of the day I only get half of them done!!!!
Just in the last week or so I have noticed the swelling in the feet.  I have been a little swollen before then b/c I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for a month now, but it hasn't been bad. Now my ankles are starting to swell if I stand to long. But as much as I would like to complain, I look at several other women and know I have it very well.
The only other thing that is tough for me is the belly.  being pregnant for 34 weeks I am still not used to having this "thing" on the front of me. I bump into everything.  I haven't hurt myself-yet, but it really is embarassing when you are out in public and you hit something or at home you knock things over. sometimes its comical but other times I get so annoyed with myself.  You would think by now I would be used to it, but it still doesn't feel heavy so if I couldn't see the bump I would even know it was there.
Overall, like I said earlier I cannot complain about anything with being pregnant. Now I am just ready, well not exactly ready, for them to be here so I can start a new experience in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment