Thursday, December 17, 2009

Going back-sharing my story

Well the main reason like I said this week has meant so much is because, when I first found out I had to do IVF, I felt so worthless.
I know they say women dream about their wedding from the time they are like 3, well I wasn't that way all I remember thinking about once I met Craig was I wanted to start a family and having to do IVF, made me feel less like a woman that would be a good mother.
At first I didn't want to tell anyone what I was going to have to go through or what I had been through b/c I was embarassed,but the more I thought about it I really started to like my position and felt like although small it was a calling from God to educate and share with people my experience and to help support other women going through the same/similar situation.
It's kind of crazy but one lady, by chance I met in a fertility forum was thinking of having to do some type of fertility treatment. I actually referred her to my Dr and gave her all my left over meds (I know that sounds gross, and wrong but trust me if you knew how much drugs cost out of pocket, you would understand) My friend was orginally  going to try around August of this year but then her and her husband decided not to try b/c she has already had three children from a previous marriage. Well just last week she told me they decided to give it a shot, and she had her ET on Monday. Her situation has been different than mine, b/c her husband has had the fertility issue, but it has made me feel great, and from what she has told me has helped her as well to be there for support and help her through everything. I never thought that helping someone just by talking to them would make me feel like my pregnancy and my journey was worth it and given to me for an even bigger reason than to start a family.  It has been a wonderful experience and feeling and I encourage anyone who is going through this situation or a similar one, and needs someone to talk to, to contact me.  Or even if you aren't going through this situation but want to know more about it let me know. The one thing I must say is that if you know someone going through this situation PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE try to understand that it is the most emotionally and physically draining and trying time.

***Thanks to all who read, and stuck it out to read all three 'novels', it was something I had to get off my chest***

No comments:

Post a Comment