Thursday, December 17, 2009

Going back-God sent

 After a few months of analyzing our situation, and LOTS of praying, Craig and I decided to go ahead and pursue IVF. We knew that we wouldn't be able to try several times, but we both wanted a family and knew what needed to be done. After a little bit of time Craig actually decided to take a shot in the dark and check his insurance one last time to see if it covered IVF, and our prayers were answered... IT did!!!!! There is no way to explain how happy we were, it trully was God sent.
Well once we switched insurance at the first of the year we were ready to revisit the topic with our Dr. and figure out what this journey had in store for us. After having a few more tests done, and getting all our pre diagnosis stuff handled and squared away we began.
I still to this day cannot explain how lucky we were to have insurance that covered IVF. there only roughly 13 states in the US that require fertility coverage, and out of those 13 only a handful actually pay for a large portion of it. And although we live in Oklahoma Craig's company is based out of New York and they require fertility coverage and pay 20k!!!!!
Craig and I decided to start roughly in April.
to give a run down:
Lupron shot from April to May
Repronex shot from April to May
Gonal-F for a few weeks in April
Progesterone from May to August.
Our egg retrievel date was May 8th and they collected 22 eggs(amazing)
19 fertilized normally
May 13th was our egg transfer date. (2 eggs transfered, 4 frozen)
although after the retrieval I had some days I was very uncomfortable. I suffered from OHSS (Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome) I knew it was temporary.
The week of bedrest and laying flat on my back after the transfer was tough, but luckily my mom came down and was there to keep me occupied.
I have to say that was and has been the hardest part of my journey.
Once I was done with progesterone shots(had to take a shot once a day until week 13!) everything has been smooth sailing. I wont say pregnancy has been easy, but it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.
I trully believe that this was the journey God wanted us to take, b/c things have just fallen into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment