Tuesday, July 20, 2010

6 months ALREADY!

I cant believe its been 6 months already. Time is really flying. Luckily I had a goal to take a picture at every holiday, special event and since we had their birth in January. Valentines day in Feb., St. Patrick's Day in March, Easter in April, Mother's day and baby dedication in May, Father's day in June and Fourth of July, I have gotten a picture every month. Of course I am not that bad, I have taken other pictures but its easier to take pictures on a holiday, not only because they are already dressed up but its easy to remember the date.
In the next week or so I will do a recap with pictures, but until then here is where we are.

The kids had their 6 month appt yesterday. Price weighed 20 lbs 5oz. which is 97%, and measuring 26.5 inches long putting her in the 75% range. Caysen weighed 17 lbs 9oz, placing him in the 50% and measuring 27 inches tall, which he was also in the 75%.  Shots went pretty good, mixing teething, with nap time, and shots, not good, but at least as soon as we got in the car they were out.
SO what have they accomplished up to now?:
*sleeping through the night-most nights, teething causes them to wake up.
*hold their own bottles to feed
*starting solids!!!
*sit up on their own
*Price has two bottom teeth
*Caysen's first bottom tooth is coming in
*Rolling over stomach to back and back to stomach
*they laugh and smile so much.
*Price knows how to play peek-a-boo and Loves it
*Caysen loves making car noises
*They both talk all the time, alot of time to each other

I love that they are accomplishing so much, but I hate it at the same time. I want to cherish them being babies and with every milestone they accomplish that's one step farther from being a baby and one step closer to being all grown up.
Some days I sit back and just watch them in amazement that I even have kids, I feel like one day I will wake up from this dream. Then there are days where I try to savior every second because the next day I will be going to their graduations and reminiscing on when they were this small.

I know people think being a parent of twins is hard, and I think being a first time parent is hard in general adding another one to the mix is not harder just forces you to be more creative. I have to say that at times it is a little overwhelming, but for the most part I am just thankful they were my first because I don't know any different. The one thing that is tough, is with two you want them to be independent faster, so again you want them to grow up for convenience but you get so focused on them being independent that you miss all the little things.
I think it makes it even harder for me because we know we are not having anymore kids, so on a day to day approach you want them to be self sufficient, but looking longer term you want them to slow down so you can enjoy every individual moment.
At the end of the day, or in this case 6 months I have to say I never could have imagined being happier then I am now, being a mom to twins. Life all in all is so much fun.

3 comments:

  1. Your twins are super cute!!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Love your blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping over at my blog! Your babies are adorable and I LOVE their names:)

    I was just thinking yesterday how everyone says that having twins is so hard. I have to say that having one was easier in some ways and harder in other ways. You are doing a great job as a first time mom!! :)

    ReplyDelete