Monday, March 8, 2010

C-Section

Let me say again that a c-section was not my ideal way of giving birth, but hey at the end of the day I am blessed enough to be able to give birth to healthy babies.
So my C-section was a great experience. I hated the staples but just today I had my 6 week check up and you cant even see a scar at all.
I of course wish things could be different but you have to make the best of your situation.
There isn't much to say about my c-section that I haven't already voiced in previous posts, but the few things I want to say about a C-section is...
-The numbing shots were the most painful part, and they felt like someone just pricked me skin.
-I didn't feel the spinal block needle at all.  My progesterone shots I had to take for 13 weeks were 20 times harder and more painful then any needles/shots they gave me for delivery
-I cant remember much of the delivery process or hours after due to the meds, which I wish I could change
-I absolutely loved the cathiter(sp?) and taking it out wasn't paniful-actually wasn't even noticeable.
-The first few days in the hospital were a little difficult. I felt really warn down, and I think the only reason it was so tough was because I was so scared of my staples.
-Taking my first shower at the hospital was so scary. The shower was not fit for anyone to bath in, it was tiny, maybe a three by three block-very difficult to try and keep an incision dry.-but big thanks to my mom for helping me.
-Getting released in the hospital was so wonderful. Although I was the one that had major surgery, I felt like a prisoner instead of a patient that needed to be pampered because I just wanted to get my babies home.

I have to say the emotional part of recovering from a c-section and I think this could go for all deliveries vaginal or c-section, is the fear of messing something up. To me it was so tough to relax and let things heal as normal because I wanted to get back out there and do things, but then I knew that if I wasn't careful I could mess up things internally permanently.  I was so worried, that if I didn't do this or that I could never "go back to normal"

3 comments:

  1. So glad everything went well for you, and yea for no scars! I bet you're an awesome mom!

    ps: I know you'll love this, Braeden (my oldest) is starting soccer this fall ... ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things went good!! You guys are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing your recaps! Thanks for sharing sweet friend. I am sure one day you will be so glad you have this all written down! Can't wait to love on the babies.

    ReplyDelete