Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baby update-and life

After getting back from vacation-I couldn't have been happier it was a four day work week, but at the same time I just couldn't wait for the weekend to have enough time in a day to get things together.

After nearly three weeks of having the room painted green, we finally got it done to our liking. No we didn't to change the color, tape off patterns or anything, but Mr perfectionist (Craig) kept touching up the trim because a drop of green would get on it, then he would get a little bit of trim on the wall so he would have to cover it with green. a whole week of this nearly drove me insane, but I guess it was cute because he wants everything perfect for our kids, but seriously-its just paint.

That first week we just tried to manage. Before going on vacation we tried to clean out the fridge so we didn't get a welcome present of molded food. But we were so tired from our trip that once the work week started we didn't have the energy to go grocery shopping. So it was a week of going out to eat.

Finally last weekend we had a chance to put the house back together and get things caught up. Of course we weren't completely caught up to where I wanted to be but we were atleast on track with work, the house was cleaned, groceries bought and we were able to focus on baby stuff. Last weekend we ordered our dots. Craig decided he would rather spend money on buying multi colored circle decals then paint. Which I have to admit, took less time and cost less money in the end.

Also our carseats came in(thanks mom and dad) they were so cute, and fit well in the stroller. I think that gift actually made it seem a little more real that we are having two.

So this past week we got the carseats and by Friday night have the dots in place. of course there are two little walls that we want to put a few dots on but the main wall is done and thats all we really needed, the other two are bonuses.

Not only did we get the room done, but all my scrapbooks, journals, and photos albums are caught up for babies, so that makes me feel a lot better. This weekend I was able to make good headway on my highschool quilt. I wanted to have it done by the end of the week, but I dont think I will have time, plus there isn't a rush.

I have a prediction that this week will either go by really fast or really slow. Along with work and end of the month coming up, so projects are due, I am getting to help plan my "Tulsa" baby shower so the invites I got completed this weekend, I just have to send them out, then figure out food and drinks and order the cake. Games.... well I will see after this weekend's baby shower if I want to do games or not. On top of that I have another Dr appt., Dr. Babb. (this past week I had my first appt with my "high risk Ob" he was weird and it was a long two hour appt, but it was great because they measured EVERYTHING bladder, kidneys, brain, bones, etc. and I got pictures of it all-so it was cool. but luckily I dont have to go back to him for another month.

But this week I have my normal Ob. and then get to go to KC to see Fame on Friday with Mom, and Saturday get to see Meghan in forever. I think the last time I saw her was in OKC nearly six months ago. Then we are driving to Columbia to have my first baby shower. It will be so much fun. The only thing I worry about is where to put everything when I get home, since we dont have any of the furniture for the nursery-yikes!

Oh well only time will tell.

Oh I cant believe I forgot this week was a big deal. On Wednesday the 16th, we felt the babies kick for the first time-it was cool. They still aren't super active(atleast that I can feel ) but I feel more every day!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment