Sunday, August 16, 2009

Nursery

So the biggest event this past week was then nursery. Craig and I decided that we would paint the nursery green. It was actually very shocking to come up with the color because since its my favorite color, I will pick a shade of green for everything. I joke with Craig and tell him that if I had it my way I would have a house with every shade of green possible in it somewhere. So I was trying really hard to not put green in then nursery because the spare bath, which will be the babies bathroom, is a shade of green. This I have to point out was not our doing it was like that before we moved in. But we have a green comforter set in the master. All the office/game room containers, etc. are green. the accent wall in the living room, green. so needless to say I was trying hard. Now I have always said before we found out we were having two that I wanted gender neutral items so that if we had a boy first that we could use the same stuff for a girl the next time, etc. So this whole time I have been picking green and orange things because those to me are the most neutral. Of course once we know the sex we will pick A FEW gender specific items like clothes but that's about it.
So back to the nursery, after like two weeks of debate and suggestions from my mom as well that we should do green, I gave into the idea. So step one was complete but choosing the green.... that was another story. That took another week to decide and then we run into another snag today... We picked all the colors for the nursery but decided we would get the paint that would be the most versatile. Well of course our luck... the colors we agreed on, only game in a basic paint-not what we wanted. So we had to spend another 45 minutes figuring out which green matched our previous. it was a pain but hey at the end of the day WE GOT IT!!!! next battle to primer or not to primer. who will win that battle. Either way we have to figure out what we are going to do because my family is coming in town this weekend are offering to paint so there is a time limit on this. We will see.
Pictures to follow after the room is painted, hopefully its not too bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment